This is the fourth and final entry in a multi-part series about localization.
Below is a collection of links to various localization resources out on the web.
Download Unicode Data
- Download "core.zip" from the "Data" column
- Uncompress and open the "common/main" folder
- Open the language or locale file of your choice. There is a huge amount of data including:
- Names of world languages, scripts and countries
- Exemplar characters
- Calendar system, date/time formats, time zone names
- Number systems and names
Explore Unicode Data
Locale Explorer - an online interface for viewing much of the data above.
Interactive Collation Tool
Interactive Demo (Danish) - interactive tool that allows arbitrary strings of text to be entered and sorted in various ways.