To get Testacular, first you need to install Node.js. Node has installers for Windows and Mac and is available in some Linux package managers. Node is not yet available for installation via yum on Fedora, RedHat and CentOS but the install is still straightforward using the precompiled binaries.
- Download the "Linux binaries" from the Node download page.
- Use "tar -xvf" to expand the archive and move to your location of choice
- Add $NODE_HOME/bin to your path
- Execute "npm -g install testacular"
- Run "testacular" to confirm installation
You can now navigate to the application's source code directory and perform "testacular init" and follow the prompts. Then simply use "testacular start" to launch the browser and use "testacular run" to run the tests, whether or not you have it to set up to autowatch files.